We change lives
What we fund.
We fund a wide variety of equipment, services, distractions and fun at the Royal Hospital for Sick Children in Edinburgh.
Other healthcare settings outwith the RHSC which
SKFF funds include:
- The Princess Alexandra Eye Pavilion
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS)
- Outpatient Clinics, St. John’s Hospital, Livingston
- The Royal Victoria Hospital, Kirkcaldy
- Forteviot and Community out-patient clinics
Some examples of what we fund are:
- the purchase of extra medical equipment over and above that provided by NHS Lothian
- the provision of extra child and family-friendly facilities
- the provision of a wide variety of extra comforts which make time in hospital better for children
- the provision of extra support for sick children who are cared for in the community
- funding for extra training and research
"SKFF recently funded a 3D printer which has made it easier for me to achieve better outcomes for children."
Ken Stewart, Plastic Surgeon